- Here are a couple of selections from Sundays Readings:
- The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
- because the LORD has anointed me;
- he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,
- to bind up the brokenhearted,
- to proclaim liberty to the captives,
- and release to the prisoners;
- to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor,
- and the day of vengeance of our God;
- to comfort all who mourn;
- to provide for those who mourn in Zion-
- to give them a garland instead of ashes,
- the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
- the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit.
- They will be called oaks of righteousness,
- the planting of the LORD, to display his glory.
- They shall build up the ancient ruins,
- they shall raise up the former devastations;
- they shall repair the ruined cities,
- the devastations of many generations.
Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11
The Song of Mary Magnificat
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior; *
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed: *
the Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him *
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm, *
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones, *
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things, *
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel, *
for he has remembered his promise of mercy,
The promise he made to our fathers, *
to Abraham and his children for ever.
From the Lectionary Page.
Filed under: Uncategorized |