1. One book that changed your life:
In His Steps by Charles Sheldon.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
The Inferno by Dante Alleghieri
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Oxford Classical Texts edition of Homer, Iliad and Odyssey.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
5. One book that made you cry:
The Source of Life by Jürgen Moltmann–the first chapter relating his experience as a prisoner of war in WWII. I read it about the time news of Abu Graibs came out; and Moltmann’s description of how he was treated with kindness and dignity by the Allied Forces made me weep for our nation.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
1968-1999 The Peace Years; ed by Robert Kennedy, with chapters by Martin Luther King, Malcom X, and John Lennon.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Medea by Euripedes.
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Jacob’s Tears by Mary Douglas.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Purgatorio and Paradiso by Dante.